EMSI has extensive expertise in analysis of space-based, ground-based, and airborne radar systems. We have particular expertise in
- Radar Tracking of Ground Vehicles using both Kinematic and High Range Resolution (HRR) Features
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Image Processing Algorithm Development
- Radar Signal Processing Algorithm Development
- Impact and Mitigation of Ionospheric Propagation Effects upon Spaceborne Radars
- DSP Algorithm Development
EMSI has developed a space-based radar simulation under an IRAD contract to Boeing. We have used this simulation to study and develop algorithms for HRR feature-aided tracking of ground vehicles from space. EMSI has developed a Multiple Hypothesis Tracker (MHT) under an SBIR contract to ARFL. HRR feature-aided tracking has been integrated into this MHT to demonstrate enhanced track correlation and lengthened revisit times for spaceborne and airborne radar ground vehicle trackers. We have demonstrated how the quality of the track improves dramatically by fusing data from sensors on different platforms viewing the same target.